Hello, guest.

Log In or
Return to Forum   View Topic « Prev    Next »
Re: Looking for the definition of "Flick"
Posted by BioSimon
11/1/2012  1:09:00 PM
As far as I know, this term usually refers to a little kick above the floor:

You lift the foot a little (starting from the knee) and then straighten the knee again in the air (as if you wanted to shake off a bug sitting on your toes... forgive me the description, but I hope it gets the idea across ;) )

Walter Laird mentions it in his book as "..a flick action from the knee, with the foot approx 15 cms off the floor..", which is then followed by a ball change.

Hope you find this helpful!

Copyright © 1997-2017 BallroomDancers.com