Re: spins and turns Posted by twnkltoz 11/5/2004 11:35:00 AM
Some tips for spinning:
1. Stay relaxed. If you tense up it's hard to spin.
2. Stay as verticle as possible. The smaller you make yourself, the easier it is to stay around your center of gravity...don't look down, bend over, etc.
3. Squeeze your thighs together and keep your feet close together.
4. When spinning right, think about "closing" your left side to your right. Visualize folding yourself in half lengthwise, if that makes any sense! Like your left side is always chasing your right (like a dog chasing its tail but never catching it). Vice versa when turning left.
5. Spot on your partner's face to reduce dizzyness.